Thursday, November 15, 2012

Central Oregon Parlor Meeting November 16

Central Oregon's next Parlor Meeting, Nov. 16th.
This Friday the 16th is our meeting from 3 until 5. I had planned for us to meet in Bend at A6000 but she has a COCC class so hopefully we will meet there in January. My classroom is full with 20 students taking a three day workshop. So Kathy Deggerdorfer has offered her Art Works building for us to meet in.

Directions coming from the east.....turn right on Elm St. (Leavitt's and Sister's Market). Go two blocks and turn left.....you will see it on the right. We are meeting in the downstairs room.

I thought we could get together informally with our Whisper groups to begin with then I asked Bev Runner to talk about the different threads she uses for her machine quilting. (She had Ruth appraising one of her stunning art quilts and I was impressed with the thread work and quilting). Any of the rest of you feel free to discuss your thread choices.
Then at 4:00 Judy Hoiness, the painter from Bend that I collaborated with this summer, will talk with us about composition. She will focus on informal balance of shape, color, texture, line, and value.....she has such a trained eye that I think you will enjoy this.

If there are any questions just send them along and let me know if you are NOT coming, otherwise I will see you Friday.
Jean

PS ---I just got a small gift from SAQA for recruiting the most new members in the past two months so thank you all for joining.

No comments:

Post a Comment