Thursday, October 10, 2013

Innovations in Fiber Art VI

Trisha Hassler will have work at Innovations in Fiber Art VI, an international juried exhibit at the Sebastapol Center for the Arts.  The show runs October 24 - November 30, 2013.  Trisha says:

 
Two of my recent works will be traveling to CA to be part of the upcoming exhibit at the Sebastopol Center for the Arts just west of Santa Rosa. Juried by Susan Taber Avila, Professor of Design at University of California, Davis and Joan Schulze, International Quilt, Collage and Fiber Artist, the show includes works in various alternative materials using a variety of techniques.  The exhibit is a joint venture in cooperation with Surface Design Association and includes work from all over the globe.  Both of my pieces include steel and hand dyed/printed textiles with hand stitched accents.  I am excited and honored to be part of this innovative exhibit!

Will I Still Recognize Her When We Get There? 
Trisha Hassler 
 
The materials I have chosen to work with in these pieces contain individual voices. As they layer one upon the other, they build my own visual dialog and continue to tell my story. The piece shown below is a monoprint on vintage kimono lining with hand stitching and bead work.  The historical nature of repurposed materials really makes me feel brave when I cut it up!
 
I Would Like Next Year to Be Longer
Trisha Hassler
 
Opening October 24, 6:30 - 8 pm
282 S. High Street, Sebastopol, CA 95472
 

No comments:

Post a Comment