SAQA member Sally Sellers has created the Pi Project. Check out her website for details of the project. Then CONTRIBUTE A SQUARE!http://www.thepiproject.org/
- Each digit will be on a square of fabric which is 9.5 x 9.5"
- The number can be any number from 0 to 9.
- One number per square.
- The number can be any size, any style, any font, but hopefully will not be closer to the edge than 1/4".
- You can sign the back if you want, with your city and state or country, and your name -- or just leave it plain.
- Numbers will not be returned but will become part of the artwork.
- another pice of fabric appliqued on
- waterproof magic marker
- whatever else you can think of.
Because the artwork will most likely be displayed outside, it would be best if it were waterproof or on materials that won't be damaged in the rain.
School classrooms, quilt guilds, surface design artists, painters, politicians, military, and those in law enforcement -- and anyone else -- are all welcome to participate. Your fabric can be cottons, canvas, old dishtowels, whatever, just so long as it is the proper size and has a single number on it.
Mail all finished numbers to:
The Pi Project
PO Box 2127
Vancouver, WA 98668