Many of you have probably heard about our upcoming Second SAQA Oregon Regional Conference, and here is the scoop.
When: September 22, 2016, 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
Where: Willamette Heritage Center
Registration: Begins June 1, 2016, Details to be announced soon.
Conference theme: NEW DIMENSIONS . . . into the future
We will spend the day exploring fiber art from all angles with presentations by:
- Keynote speaker Kay Khan of Santa Fe, NM, www.kaykhanart.com
- A panel of experts discussing how we can create exhibits that encompass all types of fiber art
- A lunchtime presentation by Salem attorney Michelle Vlach-Ing on the topic of copyright issues as they relate to fiber art, focusing on useful information, not fear of lawsuit!
- Table top presentations on cutting edge ideas and techniques presented by Oregon SAQA artists, such as YOU!
• A display of 3-D artwork by YOU
• Regional Exhibit “Blending Poetry and Cloth” opening reception immediately after the Conference 5:30 pm - 7:00pm
Here’s how YOU can participate
• Bring a small 3-D artwork for display at the Conference, see prospectus here.
• Do a Table Top Presentation, see Request For Proposal here.
Sheryl Culver <firstname.lastname@example.org>
OR Regional Co-representative