Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Portland Pod Meets September 19

Please come to our meeting Wed. Sept. 19 at the Beaverton Community Center-10:00-12:00. We have a room change: the Vose room is street side through the main door. I’m extending an invitation to all our Oregon SAQA groups as well and hope to see you there!

Our subject matter has been quite a learning experience for your fearless leader, and I hope it will be for you all as well. I will be leading a discussion on derivative art, what it is, questions to ask the instructor of any class we take, what exactly is copyright and how does it apply to us, use of public domain photos in our work etc. Also how to protect our own art. (Yes it happens)

And for fun, bring your work that you realize is clearly the result of a class you took. I have one! If you are like me when you first ventured into Art Quilting you didn’t have a clue!

No comments:

Post a Comment